SRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

SRX 220 Drops connection to carrier

• 1.  SRX 220 Drops connection to carrier

Posted 30 days ago
    Hello folks,
    I have an SRX220 that drops connectivity to my new Comcast Carrier (Modem). I previously had it setup on a traditional carrier.
    It worked wonderfully for years!
    When the connection drops the SRX goes into a hard down and the only way to recover is manually rebooting the SRX on site. This has happened several times now, and I have replaced the SRX with a spare, same outcome. Interestingly the carrier modem remains up, but cannot reach the downed SRX until I reboot it. I see no errors on the carrier modem.

I'm wondering if I'm getting BPDU errors on the link from somewhere?  Is there a way I can use a sysylog server or some other way to capture what is going on? Should I disable the uplink protocols from STP/BPDU's even the the link is non vlan? Or do I have a switch that is causing this outage on the SRX? I am connected to the SRX with a Cisco access switch, but have never had an issue there in past...Thoughts please?
    V/r,
    Scott

------------------------------
    Scott Lucas
    ------------------------------