SRX

Β View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 10:36
    I'm semi familiar with IKE/IPSEC VPN setups on Juniper SRX series devices, but mostly just between SRX devices. Recently I wanted to setup a VPN that an android client can connect to. I tried Pulse and have that connecting on a Windows client but discovered that Pulse for Android can't connect to SRX's, only Pulse appliances. So I'm looking for a recommendation, what's the best/easiest method for setting up a VPN that can be connected to from an Android device? Is the Juniper Secure Connect client the way to go? So far Iad any sucess configuring this properly Or should I try to use Android's integrated VPN (although I tried this without luck so far)? I thought I'd be able to find something on this fairly easily but most of what I'm finding when searching is connecting via the Pulse client.

• 2.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 12:58
    Edited by m.romaneh 04-01-2021 13:01

you need to go with juniper secure connect .

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/vpn-ipsec/topics/concept/juniper-secure-connect-overview.html

if you have pulse secure configuration on your SRX , there is an easy way to migrate to juniper secure connect 

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junipersecureconnect/topics/topic-map/secure-connect-getting-started-migrating-users.html

------------------------------
    Mohammad Rummaneh

• 3.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 13:24
    Thanks for the reply! Looking through that article it lists in system requirements - SRX Series device or vSRX instance running Junos OS Release 20.3R1 or later. I'm working with an SRX220 so I don't think that will be an option. Back to the drawing board, surely there's a way to connect a basic VPN between these 2 devices?

• 4.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 13:43
    These two devices? mean android and srx correct me if I am worng

I did dynamic VPN configuration before and installed shrew vpn software on android, I did this before 6 years 

Before few days I tried to install shrew on android I did find it :( I don't know why? 

• 5.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 14:21
    Sorry, yes I'm trying to get a VPN setup to connect an Android phone to an SRX220.

• 6.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 13:46
    Please find below link also, it is talking about NCP vpn client

• 7.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-01-2021 16:18
    Thanks. I've tried this, the code provided on that page is missing a few things (it fails commit check). I think I straightened them out correctly but even after that I wasn't able to get a client on my android configured properly to connect.

• 8.  RE: Recommendation for VPN - Android to SRX

Posted 04-02-2021 13:13
    Hello,

The SRX220 is an EOL device and it doesn't support NCP or Juniper Secure Connect. 

It does support Dynamic VPN using Pulse Secure client but Pulse Secure VPN is not supported on iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry when connecting to the SRX. For more information, please refer to the following KB article - https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23960&cat=SRX_220&actp=LIST 

***𝑫𝒐 π’Žπ’‚π’“π’Œ π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” π’‚π’π’”π’˜π’†π’“ 𝒂𝒔 𝑺𝒐𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒅, π’Šπ’‡ π’Šπ’• 𝒂𝒅𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔 π’šπ’π’–π’“ π’Šπ’”π’”π’–π’†***

π•½π–Šπ–Œπ–†π–—π–‰π–˜,
    𝖓𝖔𝖔𝖇 π–’π–†π–˜π–™π–Šπ–—.