SRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

limit 10 gbps receive to use 1 gbps

• 1.  limit 10 gbps receive to use 1 gbps

Posted 06-18-2021 09:52
    Hi,

I have 2 questions i cant find answers to and I hope you can help me.

1. While udgrading srx4100 due to software eroors, i need to use a 1 gbps srx-320 meanwhile.
    Our ISP gives us 10 gbps. Is it possible to linit the srx320 to accept receiving 10 gbps and send 1 gbps one the to the network?

2. As mentioned the srx4100 gives error, failures to power-off due to restart-check fails with missing .iso files.
    It still runs fine but i guess it's just until it boots or looses power (it's on a ups)
    Do any off you know i can go ahead with the upgrade as it validates the install before executing or?

Thank you for your time

Carsten

• 2.  RE: limit 10 gbps receive to use 1 gbps

Posted 06-18-2021 12:27
    1.  No, the SRX320 does not support 10Gb optics (SFP+), only 1Gb optics (SFP), so it's not possible to physically terminate a 10Gb circuit on it.

2. You may want to post the upgrade errors here.

• 3.  RE: limit 10 gbps receive to use 1 gbps

Posted 06-21-2021 04:31
    Hi,

Thank you for your repons.

1.To solve this I'll put an 10 gbps switch in front of the firewall and forward it via 1 gbps. sfp or rj-45.

2. Yes. Here is the error message:

request system power-off

Shutdown NOW!
    Reboot consistency check failed - none of the kernels in loader.conf exist as non-zero-length files
    Reboot consistency check failed - ISO filesystem is missing, reinstall junos package
    error: shutdown aborted

Again thank you for your time.