SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 320 - Nessus scans come back uncredentialed

Posted 11-18-2020 14:04
    We have two SRX 320 firewalls, and I am having mixed success with getting credentialed Nessus scans on one of them.  I've looked on Tenable's website to see if I could find anything useful there, but to no avail, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone here has run into similar issues. The first SRX scans fine, no issue getting credentialed. The other SRX scan comes back uncredentialed, even though it is configured the same as the other SRX and I am using the same scan policy to scan both. In reviewing the scan results for the second SRX, the only difference I can see between it and the first SRX is that there is a finding (info) for rate limiting which may be causing intermittent authentication failures, which could result in a non-credentialed scan. Is there any way to adjust rate limiting on an SRX device? Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: SRX 320 - Nessus scans come back uncredentialed

Posted 11-18-2020 15:48
    Edited by ankurv 11-18-2020 15:48
    The  authentication issue is with the Plugin 122501 'SSH Rate Limited Device' on Nessus. On your Nessus reduce the scan's performance settings so that only one check runs at a time. To do this, navigate to the scan's performance settings and change the 'Max simultaneous checks per host' setting to 1 (one). This will cause the scan duration to be longer than it was earlier, but by limiting the number of checks that can run at any given time, authentication issues related to plugin 122501 should be resolved.

------------------------------
    ANKUR V

------------------------------

• 3.  RE: SRX 320 - Nessus scans come back uncredentialed

Posted 11-23-2020 09:40
    Thanks for your assistance, ankurv - I will give this a try and see if this resolves my issue.