SRX

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Enabling Ports on XPIM

Posted 01-20-2022 10:12

Hi There!

I recently received a 24 port gig-e XPIM for my SRX650. I have been having troubles implementing it into the network. My goal is to have it function as part of the Users zone which is also available on ge/0/0/2 and just have it function as a simple 24 port switch, in which all ports work as a simple ethernet for Users with J-web management interface enabled on 10.1.0.1 and DHCP assigning 10.1.0.0/16 addresses.

Currently, I have created logical interfaces, which I have pointed towards the Users zone. This doesn't seem to be working, as even after enabling DHCP on those ports (under security -> zones), and setting a management IPv4 I cannot get an assigned IP, and with static, I cannot either access the internet. On the 0/0/2 I have the IP set to 10.1.0.1/16, and then on the new XPIM logical interfaces, I have them set as 10.1.0.2, ...3, ...4 etc... Is this the correct way of setting this up? The only other thing I can think of is a VLAN, which I don't entirely understand how to do on the SRX650, as it tells me "ethernet-switching family not allowed on srx650:on-board gig-e" even if I disable 0/0/2 as one of the chosen ports. 

Please let me know if there's further information needed from me. I'm running 12.3X48-D101.

Thank you for your help, I'm quite novice at using JunOS and really appreciate the assistance.

Marton

• 2.  RE: Enabling Ports on XPIM

Posted 01-21-2022 06:00
    The general process for what you want is as follows.

• The gateway ip address moves from a physical interface to a virtual one vlan.#. <<<< chosen unit number with the family inet address which seems currently on your ge-0/0/2 interface
    • All the interfaces added to a chosen vlan 
    • The vlan.# interface added to the desired zone and existing interface removed
    • dhcp setup normally
    There might be some limitations on the card.  I can't find the documentation off some quick searches but I do recall there are some features that cannot be used on this card ports due to the way the chip set is connected.  But can't find the details.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------