SRX

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.

CF is corrupted as well as new CF is not operational

• 1.  CF is corrupted as well as new CF is not operational

Posted 04-22-2021 11:09

SRX-550 upgraded to SRX-550 HM

CF8 GB became non-operational with READ_DMA errors. I replaced it with new one (Industrial grade Transcend TS8GCF200I), but still have READ_DMA errors in console.

Original CF is really damaged, I  checked it in card-reader connected to Windows PC (errors reading files all over the CF).

But new Transcend CF200I has no errors checking in Windows PC card-reader. Trying to copy snapshot from bootable USB I receive:

request system snapshot media internal partition
    Clearing current label...
    Partitioning internal media (/dev/ad0) ...
    error: Execution failed for command newfs

and READ_DMA errors in console.

I suppose that there is a hardware reason (possibly PSU issue) that cause Juniper card-reader to damage CF.

Could anyone advise:
    1. Is there really hardware issue and how can I repair this taking into account that the device is out of any support (no warranty, no active service contract, EOL product, no local authorized service center)?
    2. USB Flash boot is operational, but is this a good idea to use the device in production booted from USB? Should I expect performance degradation, possible USB Flash fail due to that this is a backup boot media, not to be main working boot device?
    3. Is it possible to use SSD drive as bootable, I suppose No? What is a purpose of a SSD, to keep JunOS logs?

------------------------------
    RUSLAN F
    ------------------------------