SRX

View Only

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Always On POE

Posted 04-22-2022 14:52
    Does any of the Juniper SRX or Switchs feature Always on POE so as to not Flap the port when Rebooting or Upgrading, as well as instant on?

------------------------------
    RICK BEARE

• 2.  RE: Always On POE
    Best Answer

Posted 04-23-2022 11:07
    The only model I am aware of is the EX4400, which as of 22.1R1 comes with 'perpetual PoE':

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/poe/topics/task/poe-perpetual.html

• 3.  RE: Always On POE

Posted 04-25-2022 14:02
    Thank You, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was not sure of the exact industry standard if there is one. But it does appear that Cisco, Aruba and others call it the same thing "perpetual and fast poe"

RICK BEARE

• 4.  RE: Always On POE

Posted 04-25-2022 14:52
    Fast PoE is slightly different than Perpetual PoE, it's not-quite-perpetual-PoE. It turns PoE on early in the boot process as opposed to at the end, but nevertheless still cuts out on reboot.

• 5.  RE: Always On POE

Posted 04-25-2022 13:44
    No.  The PoE controller reboots along with the switch which always resets the flow of power.  I can't think of a switch that does what you want.  Maybe look in to a mid-span PoE injector if you need always instant on and never drop power.  They are available as single port injectors for a single device up to 48-port injectors thet you route entire switches through to provide PoE power.

KRISTIAN DURVIN

• 6.  RE: Always On POE

Posted 04-25-2022 14:02
    Thanks for the work around.

RICK BEARE