SRX

Expand all | Collapse all

Srx and APs question

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Srx and APs question

Posted 08-08-2020 18:55
    I have an srx240 and 3 AP's on that gateway. My question has to do with the independent behavior of the srx and the APs. By independence I mean protocol independent in terms of page file separation. Overall round robin independence. The APs are dd-wrt Asus rt-ac68u . I want them to be independent on the web but I'm missing something. I think. Maybe it will only run this way. I dont know, but my thought is it should be workable.

1. All protocols needed are probably in effect.
    2. Full fledged DNS is not in effect.
    3. DNS is dynamic but by xfinity.

Anyone got an idea?

My guess is DNS.

• 2.  RE: Srx and APs question
    Best Answer

Posted 08-09-2020 07:11

I am not sure that I follow your question, but I think you are asking that if the dns server given to the AP and their clients is from the SRX are they independent from each other.  The answer would be no.  All the AP would be sharing the same DNS and all the cache and other behavior is based on all of their actions as a whole and not individually as units.

• 3.  RE: Srx and APs question

Posted 08-09-2020 14:49
    Ok, and I must obviously accept an answer from a pro.

So, next question.

1. If my first DNS signal which is dynamic and is not closing and is in effect and I begin to use DYNDNS will it close the first dynamic signal?

By "close", I mean, to complete the circuit.

Is this possible?

• 4.  RE: Srx and APs question

Posted 08-10-2020 02:37

Still not sure I am getting your use case.  Now you seem to be referencing the dyndns service so are you talking about having the APs register a dyndns name for each?

If that is the case they will all have the same ip address using default nat setups.  If this is the problem you see with dyndns and you have other ip addresses in your carrier assigned pool you could create custom nat source rules to make sure each AP gets their own nat ip address.