SRX

Expand all | Collapse all

SRX as a router with basic IPS functionality

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  SRX as a router with basic IPS functionality

Posted 01-19-2018 23:43

Hi,

1) Can we use basic/few IPS functionality in packet mode. If yes please suggest URL for more info

2) For maximum 1 Gig throughput please suggest SRX model. We will be terminating 2 BGP link on the SRX.

Thank you...

#SRX

• 2.  RE: SRX as a router with basic IPS functionality

Posted 01-20-2018 00:11

• 3.  RE: SRX as a router with basic IPS functionality

Posted 01-20-2018 00:26

On point 2, futher on the DataSheet:

If your on a tight budget, checkout the SRX240 Service Gateway, but its going to be a bottleneck point say when you want upgrade in terms of mixed service throughput. If your budget allows a little more, you should probably go for SRX550 Service Gateway or SRX650 Service Gateway.

Contact your local Juniper Network Sales Office for Demo Units, Cost to Deploy details & Discounts as well 🙂

• 4.  RE: SRX as a router with basic IPS functionality

Posted 01-20-2018 02:05

Hi Karand,

Thank you for valuable information.

I think SRX 340 will be good option. That can cater the throughput requirement.

On point 1 - I am comparing some security freatures of MX router with SRX in packet mode (i.e. DDOS protection)

MX features for reference - https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/junos-software-router-security-supported-features.html#id-10113739

• 5.  RE: SRX as a router with basic IPS functionality
    Best Answer

Posted 01-20-2018 04:49

1) Can we use basic/few IPS functionality in packet mode. If yes please suggest URL for more info

No, the IPS uses the flow mode engine.  You will need to be in flow  mode not packet mode to use IPS.