SRX

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director

Posted 05-17-2020 16:01

Hi,

Currently, SRX is managed by Security Director (just for NAT and Policy) and if I upgrade with latest OS, does it require to import again in the security director?

Any other consideration that I need to take into the account before the upgrade if SRX managed by Security Director just for NAT and Policy? 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director

Posted 05-17-2020 18:13

Hi CP1,

You must upgrade to the supported Junos Space Network Management Platform Release before you upgrade the Security Director, Log Director, and Security Director Logging and Reporting modules. As per my understanding, you need not import the security director again. Just follow the steps mentioned in our documentation and it should be good.

I am pasting below a link to upgrade guide for security director:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space18.3/information-products/pathway-pages/junos-space-sd-installing-upgrading-pwp.html

PDF link for detailed understanding: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-space17.1/information-products/pathway-pages/security-director-installation-and-upgrade-guide.pdf

Everything you would want to take care of before upgrading is mentioned in this link, please go through.

Please mark this "Accepted solution" if this solves your query.

Kudo this post if you feel that I earned it,

• 3.  RE: SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director

Posted 05-17-2020 18:23

Thanks, Bmanvita.

What about if I upgrade the SRX device which is managed by security director, in this case, do I need to import the SRX into the security director once I complete the SRX upgrade?

• 4.  RE: SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director
    Best Answer

Posted 05-17-2020 18:49

Hi CP1,

As per my understanding, there won't be changes to the SRX device either than the OS during its upgrade. So, you will not have to worry about the existing configuration already managed by the Security Director. Also, the management of Junos software is not directly handled via Security Director. 

Just before you proceed, refer to the below KB. It might be useful:

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB34945&actp=METADATA

Hope this helps 🙂

Please mark this "Accepted Solution" so that it can help others too 

Kudos are always appreciated 🙂

• 5.  RE: SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director

Posted 05-17-2020 20:24

Thanks, Bmanvita.

Regards.

• 6.  RE: SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director

Posted 05-18-2020 07:05

Hi CP1.

You should not need to reimport the SRX however, when you upgrade your SRX you may see that there is a DMI schema upgrade needed.  The new schema will be needed to configure new features not previously covered in the old schema.

• 7.  RE: SRX OS upgrade managed by Security Director

Posted 05-19-2020 17:56

Thanks, Ed@dwwtc.