SRX

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX maximum UTM URL-Patterns

Posted 07-03-2019 06:31

I have a few questions regarding url-patterns on SRX devices.

We have a SRX340 that is complaining about hitting the URL-Pattern maximum. We have 50 patterns configured and anymore than 50 any commits fail. 

The below article states that the maximum url-patterns is 1000 for SRX devices which I assume is the same across all even though the example is with a 1500.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB33855&actp=RSS

- Is 50 patterns really the limit on the SRX340? 

- Is there a limitation to the number of url entries in each pattern and is this also device specific?

- Is there a limitation on the number of URL categories and is this device specific?

• 2.  RE: SRX maximum UTM URL-Patterns

Posted 07-03-2019 08:09

Hi,

The limit of 1000 Maximum URL-patterns mentioned is only for TVP platforms which are SRX1500, SRX4100 and SRX4200. Rest of the devices are non-TVP including SRX340 which have a limit of 50 max url-patterns.

You can the above information in the same KB article you referred to in the post.

Regards,

Pradeep.

• 3.  RE: SRX maximum UTM URL-Patterns

Posted 07-03-2019 08:19

Thanks 

• 4.  RE: SRX maximum UTM URL-Patterns
    Best Answer

Posted 07-03-2019 10:30

Hi,

TVP has a different architecture differentiating PFE from Junos and additional API compatibility. The above mentioned devices are the only ones with this TVP architecture in SRX.

Regarding the limits, I could not find any documents that mention any numbers but I tried few configurations on the lab device. Tried more than 100 URL entries under a given URL pattern and more than 30 URL patterns under a custom URL category without any issues. The commit was successful atleast.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Pradeep
    Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!