SRX

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  fxp0 on SRX300 - SRX packet-mode OOB management

Posted 03-11-2019 07:04

Is it possible to convert one of the revenue (ge-) interfaces to fxp0 (management interface) without actually forming a cluster?

I need this kind of interface for secure OOB management. Unfortunately SRX300-SRX320 have no dedicated fxp0.

I know I could:

- use a management zone to emulate fxp behavior -> but the device is in packet-mode... 

- just put the interface in a separater VR and forgetr about it

I am just looking for more elegant solution.

Regards,

Pawel Mazurkiewicz

• 2.  RE: fxp0 on SRX300 - SRX packet-mode OOB management

Posted 03-11-2019 10:11

Re-configure the device in in flow mode and use Selective stateless packet-based services which allow you to simultaneously use both flow-based and packet-based forwarding on a system. In this case you can use managment zone

• 3.  RE: fxp0 on SRX300 - SRX packet-mode OOB management

Posted 03-11-2019 10:12

• 4.  RE: fxp0 on SRX300 - SRX packet-mode OOB management
    Best Answer

Posted 03-11-2019 10:12

I don't think there is a way to do that.  ge-0/0/0 automatically becomes fxp0 when you create a cluster of SRX300s, but you only have one SRX, right?  You could consider turning clustering on, even if you have one SRX, BUT, you would lose ge-0/0/1 as a revenue port, as ge-0/0/1 becomes fxp1 (control link) when you turn on clustering. 

I would say your best option is the routing instance since you are in packet mode. 

• 5.  RE: fxp0 on SRX300 - SRX packet-mode OOB management

Posted 03-14-2019 05:01

Yeah, I will use routing instance for the revenue ports and leave only management interface in the default one. 

Thanks Yasmin!

Regards,

Pawel Mazurkiewicz