I am new to this forum and I do have a few questions to ask people who are working with Juniper SD-WAN offering.
My understanding is that to build SD-WAN with Juniper, one need Juniper Contrail Service Orchestration (CSO) combined with either Juniper vSRX or vMX, but I also understand that it may work with Juniper SRX appliances with advanced license.
My questions are as follow:
1. Is my assumption correct that I need CSO + vSRX or vMX?
2. Can I use physical SRX appliances with CSO?
3. I understand that CSO is licensed per Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), is that correct?4. I also understand that CSO is sold in package and minimum is 25 units, but may I combine 3 licences to get 75 units?
5. What is a NFV and how many NFV would it take to build SD-WAN in each branch?
6. Will CSO generate tons of "dirty" configurations on the CPE devices?
7. Can anybody point out some serious partners in Europe to help design and deploy Juniper SD-WAN?
You can refer below links:
Many thanks for your reply.
I have already seen the suggested documents, they do seem to confirm a number of information, but this doesn't tell me about the NFV and licensing requirements unfortunately.
This is more comprehensive.
Thank you for your reply again.
Unfortunately this is still not clear to me. It seems very challenging to find a simple information such as how to license a product that is globally available.