SRX

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 300 series JSB / JSE licence

Posted 12-28-2016 02:53

When you buy an SRX300, is there a requirement to buy a JSB license? It seems to me that this is the base capability.

I appreciate that the JSE license offers advance routing features such as MPLS.

• 2.  RE: SRX 300 series JSB / JSE licence

Posted 12-28-2016 03:39

Hi,

As of now, the licensing has not been implemented. So essentially you will be getting all the features on the box.

Regards,

Sahil Sharma
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped, Kudos are appreciated as well.

• 3.  RE: SRX 300 series JSB / JSE licence
    Best Answer

Posted 12-28-2016 06:15

Hi,

You are required to buy either a JSB, JSE or JSB-L license when buying a SRX300 series firewall.

JSB: Firewall, routing, NAT, VPN and Junos "basics" (automation etc.) and MPLS

JSE: JSB + Application Security as a perpetual license

JSB-L: JSB but limited to 200 Mbps throughput and 40 Mbps IPsec/NGFW

On top you can then buy subscription licenses for NGFW features (and these will include application security so not much need for JSE).

For now the JSB/JSE/JSB-L features are not enforced but should be during 2017. Subscription licenses are enforced.

MPLS was originally only in JSE but was moved to JSB some time in Q3 2016.

I hope this answers your question.

• 4.  RE: SRX 300 series JSB / JSE licence

Posted 02-22-2018 09:54

SRX300-JSB Regular instead of a Limited edition. We are wondering if its ok to apply the license from the ones coming on this PO to make it a Limited and swap the license from a Limited to a regular once the firewalls arrived. Currently the SRX300-JSB has not been apply any licenses yet. Let me know your thoughts.