SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  JNCIA Preparation

Posted 02-07-2018 10:58
    Hi there. Can someone tell me whether it is possible to study for the JNCIA in 7 days please?

• 2.  RE: JNCIA Preparation

Posted 02-07-2018 11:38
    If you have prior experience on Junos then you can give it a try else, it’s not that easy that you can pass the exam in one week.

You need to understand Junos Basic feature (firewall filters, protocol, policies) need lot of hands on to understand the technology.

I don’t suggest any timeline to prepare for JNCIA, you can give exam anytime if you understand well the Junos features (required for JNCIA), have quite a good hands on and if you are confident.

• 3.  RE: JNCIA Preparation

Posted 02-07-2018 23:48
    Thanks. Yes I have been concentrating on firewall filters and understanding their output and policy features as this seems similar to Cisco ACL's but in a different format. I have also been moving through the various option commands in operation amd configuration mode to try and understand what happens in each mode. I have also been viewing.you tube videos to understand there concepts.

My exam is a week Friday and I am trying to put as much time on the virtual link simulator my boss has paid for aswell as enhancing it with the videos on areas not too confident on such as the firewall filter and policy areas. I will keep plugging on and see where I am next week.

Thanks C

• 4.  RE: JNCIA Preparation

Posted 02-08-2018 00:03
    You can check below link as well. This blog is written by community member “Steve Puluka”. You will find good amount of information on how to prepare for JNCIA.

http://puluka.com/home/networking/junos/preparing-for-jncia-junos/

• 5.  RE: JNCIA Preparation
    Best Answer

Posted 02-08-2018 12:06
    Thanks.

I will look through Steve's.content to help plug some if the areas I am still a little weak on, such as the firewall.filters.and policies. Much appreciated for the links produced by Steve Puluka. Cheers Chris