SRX

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX interface flappinng "down reason tlv value (0x0)

Posted 10-16-2017 05:40

Hello,
    I have a SRX in packet mode acting as an internet gateway (basically BGP multihoming on the northbound interfaces and connected to a pair of firewalls  in the south.

fw1-----ge-0/0/0
                                   |--- SRX ----  ISP (multihoming)
    fw2-----ge-0/0/1

Both internal interfaces are in the same vlan as well as the irb (which is  exported via BGP to the ISP providers).

I am seeng a a very persistent flapping behavior  with messages like this:

Oct 16 10:00:20 cpe1.cambridge.grapeshot.co.uk /kernel: if_pfe_linfo: Sending ifl down reason tlv value (0x0) for ifl(ge-0/0/0.0)
    Oct 16 10:00:20 cpe1.cambridge.grapeshot.co.uk /kernel: if_pfe_linfo: Sending ifl down reason tlv value (0x0) for ifl(ge-0/0/0.0)
    Oct 16 10:05:24 cpe1.cambridge.grapeshot.co.uk /kernel: if_pfe_linfo: Sending ifl down reason tlv value (0x0) for ifl(ge-0/0/0.0)

I haven't modified any CoS or spanning tree setting and  cabling and neighbor devices have been chcked. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: SRX interface flappinng "down reason tlv value (0x0)
    Best Answer

Posted 10-19-2017 08:56

This messages are harmless (internal communication) and can be ignored. Ideally these will come only with traceoptions, can you check if you have enabled traces under ge-0/0/0 or interfaces hierarchy, if so please disable them and see if the logs continue occuring.