SRX

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 11-05-2017 22:42

Hi all,

Just wanto know whether have some one try implement this feature https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/mgmt_junos-routing-instance-configuring.html  in the Chassis Cluster srx?

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

• 2.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 11-05-2017 23:55

This is sadly only supported on MX and PTX - but I know it has been requested for all platforms for a long time so I hope this is the first step for a broader implementation (functionality was added in 17.3R1 which was released late august this year).

• 3.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 11-06-2017 06:31

Hi all,

Refering to the url given, can someone explain to me what means "Besides these configuration changes, you must configure the appropriate daemons or applications to use the mgmt_junos routing-instance"?

Besides static route and interface fxp0 then what it refering to that bold sentences? I'm try to google it but not found any sample configuration.

Thanks and appreciate any feedback

• 4.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 01-31-2018 08:26

Hi all,

are there any news on this feature related to SRX compatibility?

I was trying to set this up on a SRX345 Cluster, bit i don't get any connections on the fxp0 interfaces. mgmt_junos routing-table is empty.

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 03-27-2018 19:55

Based on my knowledge, It is not supported in SRX as on date.

• 6.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 01-29-2019 07:14

Hello,  Anyone with thoughts about if this is supported on SRX cluster, seems like all services (SSH, TACACS+, tru the OOB) work through the mgmt_junos , but not NTP.. And is this supported to be configured on [edit groups node0] and [edit groups node1]

Regards

• 7.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 01-29-2019 07:24

"NTP—Starting in Junos OS Release 18.1R1, NTP clients can support the nondefault management routing instance mgmt_junos when specifying the routing instance that is used to reach a server for NTP time synchronization"

Reference: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/management-interface-in-non-default-instance.html#id-applications-and-processes-that-are-vrf-aware 

• 8.  RE: Any one already try fxp0 in the mgmt_junos Routing Instance on Chassis Cluster?

Posted 01-29-2019 07:57

Thanks

But i checked an article, that started to be supported on the 18.3R1 on SRX platforms, still i get some errors when setting > set date ntp 

I configured everything on groups, when the instance is configured i can do ping, ssh , tacacs auth, and it worked, but not ntp 

i called the instance on system ntp source-address x.x.x.x routing-instance mgmt_junos