SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 11-11-2013 16:00

Hi

I have been having a few problems just got a juniper SRX 210H and after a failed upgrade from 10.1 to 12.1 when logging in I get could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding.

I see there was a board with this earlier but no resolution.

Anyone know how to fix this or what is the cause.

There is nothing in the USB port

or is there a way to flatten the box and install the os from scratch. Format sort of procedure

• 2.  RE: Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 11-11-2013 16:11

Recently had a situation on a couplke of devices and had to go into shell and manually remove old crud then zeroize the system nd it worked.

You could try ?request system zeroize

but first also >request system strorage cleanup

the final command that allowed me run the upgrade successfully was this little know command

>request system software rollback and that will reinstall the previous OS which should have been stable then and that allowed the upgrade to run smothely without any further errors.

Be sure you are using the console connection. Hopefully this will help

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.3/topics/task/configuration/qfx-series-switch-default-factory-configuration-zeroize.html

• 3.  RE: Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 07-12-2017 04:55

if you can't get into CLI how can you run "request system" commands?

So you are saying the error is due to the file system being full? I did a format install thru TFTP also USB so not sure how it can be full.

I am running into the same problem with a format install to "junos-install-media-net-arm-32-15.1X53-D56.tgz"

• 4.  RE: Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 07-12-2017 08:26

After talking to JTAC, for my issue the problem was my system date was set to a date earlier than the install package date. while in the CLI I corrected the date, restarted the switch, finished the upgrade(which I thought was done but was not), and now I can get into CLI so check he system date.

• 5.  RE: Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 08-21-2020 10:48

Again, the issue is I cannot get to the cli, so how do u enter cli commands. This is the error I am getting:

could not open user interface connection: management daemon at the ~#prompt. When I enter cli command, this is where I get the above error message

• 6.  RE: Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 08-21-2020 18:17

Hi,

One way to format the device is by following the kb: https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/install-software-on-srx.html#id-installing-junos-os-on-srx-series-devices-from-the-boot-loader-using-a-usb-storage-device

If you want to set the date from the shell prompt, you can try with the # date -s "2 OCT 2006 18:00:00" (changing the values to current ones) to verify if this is the issue. 

I would suggest format the box by following the link above, using a 1Gb or 4Gb usb if possible.

• 7.  RE: Could not open user interface connection: management daemon not responding

Posted 08-24-2020 07:10

Hi,

Sometimes management daemon may stop working if you have made some changes from shell or deleted some folders.

In this  case, a reboot may automatically create these files and the management daemon will be up.

To perform reboot from shell, just type "reboot"

%reboot

Regards,

Jagrati Agarwal

Product Consultant – Security

Juniper Professional Services