SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX 240h2 - Configure UTM Web Filtering

Posted 10-13-2020 19:06
    Guys, how are you? I don't know if this would be the right place, if I'm not sorry.

I have an SRX240h2 and I know that it no longer updates and is at the end of its life. I need to configure UTM Web Filtering, could someone help me? I have an SRX300 available Do you recommend replacing the SRX240h2 with the SRX300?

On my local network today I have approximately 80 users on the network.

Need help. Thank you friends.

• 2.  Re: SRX 240h2 - Configure UTM Web Filtering

Posted 10-14-2020 02:46

Web filtering is a licensed feature so you would need to purchase that to enable the configuration.  

The SRX240 is end of sale but still allowed for support till near the end of next year.  So you could purchase the license for either this or the SRX300.

The transition may require some configuration changes as the layer 2 configuration changed between the SRX200 and SRX300 series.  So there is some work to test and migrate a configuration. 

With the end of support coming and your need for a license for the feature you need, I would recommend making the migration now and getting the license on the new platform.

• 3.  Re: SRX 240h2 - Configure UTM Web Filtering

Posted 10-14-2020 06:30

Good morning Spuluka, how are you?
    Thank you very much for your help, I was informed that I would no longer have a web filtering license for the SRX 240H2.
    My other question would be about the SRX300 performing well with approximately 80 users. Would you recommend continuing with the SRX240h2 or migrating to the SRX300?

• 4.  Re: SRX 240h2 - Configure UTM Web Filtering
    Best Answer

Posted 10-14-2020 06:43

Performance of the SRX300 is roughly the same as a SRX240H2 - so you performance experience will be the same.

In regards to subscriptions, Webfilter can still be purchased for SRX240 (SRX240-W-EWF / SRX240-W-EWF-3) but the platform is aging and SRX300 subscriptions are less than half price for even more features (S-SRX300-A2-1 / S-SRX300-A2-3).

The A2 subscription will on top of webfilter also include IPS, App firewall and Antivirus. That said, you should not configure everything on this platform to avoid exhausting all your ressources... but IPS and Webfilter would make sense.

I can only recommend the same approach as Spuluka to migrate to the SRX300 instead of staying on the SRX240H2.