SRX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  SRX240 H2 POE - Chassis control not running

Posted 10-27-2020 15:13

Howdy, I see this has come up a few times in the past, and some have had success following the previously documented steps, but I have not. This is an eBay purchased device and was supposed kick off my collection of Juniper equipment to learn on. Obviously JTAC is not an option. 

The SRX240H2 appears functional, I have link lights on the ge ports when I plug something in, without actual testing, it "looked" ok.  However, going through the setup process, I found that the ethernet ports are not passing any data at all, just making an electrical connection. 

I consoled into the device and only the "internal" interfaces are showing, no ge-'s at all. Attempting to do a 'show chassis hardware' and pretty much most others under 'show chassis' return back "error: the chassis-control subsystem is not running", I have followed the steps below previously suggested in another post by 

Assist to confirm/execute following steps to recover:

1. Confirm if any configuration is on the box using {show configuration}

2. If yes, delete & execute: show chassis hardware

3. If 2 result is -ve, execute "restart chassis-control immediately"

4. Execute: show chassis hardware

5. If 4 result is -ve, execute "request system zeroize". [You need console as it would wipe off all info on the device including logs.]

6. upon restart, execute: show chassis hardware

7. If 6 is -ve, reinstall firmware version.

Logs indicate that the system tries to restart chassis-control, which appears to spawn security-intelligence and l2cpd-services, but every time fails with "chassis-control ... terminated by signal number 13!", Signal 13 is SigPipe which indicates the process died while trying to send data to another process it had spawned.  This pattern repeats three times and then it gives up due to 'thrashing' 

Any other suggestions that might recover this prior to shipping it back to the seller? 

• 2.  Re: SRX240 H2 POE - Chassis control not running

Posted 10-27-2020 19:00

Hi,

Do u already try reformat/reinstall that box?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: SRX240 H2 POE - Chassis control not running

Posted 10-27-2020 21:01

@kronicklez wrote:

Do u already try reformat/reinstall that box?

Hi, I believe so. I've done both the 'request system zeroize media' and also 'request system software add ... ', if those are the steps you are referring to. Just to be sure, I just reinstalled it off USB from the bootloader, currently installed is 12.1X46-D86.