Intrusion Prevention

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

IDP 75 reporting 100% CPU?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  IDP 75 reporting 100% CPU?

Posted 07-29-2009 15:19

hi all,

our IDP 75 is reporting from both NSM and Solarwinds that it is at 100% CPU.   Our internet pipe is nowhere near the threshold of the IDP 75 capabilities, and our network is very small (10-20 users).

It was running the default recommended policy for a little while, and now i've just pushed a monitoring policy on it for some rules (really just using it for testing right now).

Our IDP is on 5.0 -- is this common or anything to be worried about?  The process status tab shows everything at or near 0%, with Profiler currently using 0.22% CPU Usage (at 6:20pm EST, when only 3 people are here right now)

Anyone have any thoughts or insights?

Thanks,

Will

• 2.  RE: IDP 75 reporting 100% CPU?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-29-2009 19:42

Hello Will,

I came across a similar post on this.  Try "scio idp-cpu-utilization" and check the thread below.

http://forums.juniper.net/jnet/board/message?board.id=Intrusion_Prevention&message.id=457&query.id=86313#U21667&searchid=1248921630793

I hope this helps.

-John

• 3.  RE: IDP 75 reporting 100% CPU?

Posted 07-29-2009 20:01

ahh thanks for that link

I think I have actually read that thread a while back . . . someone slap me for being lazy!

Thanks again!

Will