Network security is only as good as the ability to easily manage it. If you have a complex security network with multiple firewalls, policies, and administrators, it is essential to have a simple and scalable way to manage them all. In fact, Gartner’s most recent Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls report specifically calls out scalable management as a critical component of Network Firewall solutions.
Our Juniper SRX (physical firewall) and Firefly Perimeter (virtual firewall) customers want the best way to easily manage their firewalls and policies—and that way is via Junos Space Security Director. Fortunately, as an application on the Junos Space Network Management Platform, Security Director can easily scale to meet the needs of our customers–whether you’re an enterprise who will expand your reach into new markets or a service provider who needs to provide reliable and secure application and service access to your clients in a way that’s in line with your Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
We built the Junos Space platform from the ground up for scale, and Security Director directly benefits from this:
- Junos Space can manage thousands of Junos devices (including SRX firewalls)
- Instantly scale by simply adding or deleting nodes on the network fabric
- Readily extend the number of concurrent administrators supported
Now, the latest Junos Space Security Director V13.3R1 software release introduces enhanced centralized management for SRX and Firefly Perimeter deployments, having added:
- Security Event Logging via Junos Space Log Director so you can aggregate and filter events based on certain criteria such as Source/Destination IP/application/service
- UTM Support, which allows policy configuration for Web filtering, antivirus, and anti-spam
- Role-Based Access that lets you segment administrative responsibility such that you can place devices, policies and objects within domains and then assign read or read/write permissions
Many customers have been waiting for these capabilities, and I’m delighted to share this good news! Stay tuned for further Juniper innovations based on what you’ve been telling us you need.